This page will be updated with resources from webinars. To suggest additional resources please contact .
Immediate support services
- Lifeline: 131114
- MensLine Australia: 1300 78 99 78
- Headspace: 1800 650 890, https://headspace.org.au/
- Kids helpline: 1800 55 1800
- Beyondblue online forums: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums
COVID-specific support resources
BAT and outdoor specific
- NEW! Outdoor Council of Australia COVID-19 Management Plan Template
- NEW! Outdoor Council of Australia COVID-19 Framework for Rebooting Outdoor Activities
- Base Camp Wellbeing – dedicated to sharing resources and links during the current crisis
- QORF/Outdoors Queensland COVID-19 resources page – from info and ideas for businesses to QLD access updates for different activities
- MONTHLY: AABAT Wellbeing Webinar series (click link to see dates and RSVP)
- WEEKLY: Outdoor Business Owners and Managers Face Book group: Happy Hour chat – 4pm every Friday. Join the facebook group to participate.
- WEEKLY: QORF Coffee & Conversation catch up (QLD based but all welcome)
- WEEKLY: Inside the OutHaus: weekly webinar by Pete Smith about the craft of outdoor ed (click link to register)
- COVID-19 Government WhatsApp group
- Safe Work Australia offers guidelines and information across 23 industries so that businesses can return to work in a COVID safe environment. A helpful page for organisations to use is the small business but you should consider this based on your actual size, activities and programs. Their COVID-19 resource kit contains lots of resources you can download and display in the workplaces, including checklists, infographics, fact sheets for industry and posters on handwashing, hygiene and physical distancing.
- COVID-19 Safe Workplaces Framework for template plans and resources (Tassie sourced but may work for others as well).
- Justice Connect webinar with lawyers Kaela Hughes and Daniel Komesaroff
30 minute webinar recording that may be of interest to Coordinators/Ministers providing front line essential services to:
- Provide an overview of your legal obligations when it comes to the safety of your workers
- help your organisation understand key workplace health and safety issues relevant to essential frontline workers during the COVID-19 epidemic
- give you practical tips to manage these risks – protecting both your workers and your organisation.
- Kids Help Line COVID specific resources
- WHO’s “Coping with stress during the Coronavirus outbreak”
- Black Dog Institure COVID specific resources
- Lifeline COVID specific resources
- Beyondblue COVID specific resources
- Australian Psychological Society COVID specific resources
- SANE Australia – supporting complex mental health issues during COVID
- Department of Health COVID specific mental health resources
- VicHealth COVID specific mental health resources
- Mental Health Commission COVID specific mental resource page https://www.mentalhealthcommission.gov.au/News/2020/March/COVID19-Mental-Health-Information?fbclid=IwAR1y-cL1m6CQTblIIfcRu5M4stQzETF7TIKC6ma1WSRUIh0L6FXb6Iryaeo
- Safe Work Australia COVID specific mental health resource page
- QLD info hotline: call 13 HEALTH
Financial or employment related
- Ideas on what to do if you’ve lost your income due to Coronavirus
- Centrelink access – If you need a payment – coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Emergency relief (money for food or medication or fuel) due to job loss related to COVID-19 or other reasons
Salvation Army Assessment Line 1300 371 288 (NSW, ACT, and QLD), or St Vincent De Paul 1800 846 643 (QLD).
- Health Contact Centre (QLD) – organising delivery of groceries and medication to people in isolation due to COVID19. Phone 13 43 25 84.
- Super Friend COVID specific resources for workplace mental health
Vic – https://www.tenantsvic.org.au/
SA – https://www.syc.net.au/home/housing-support/tias/
NSW – https://www.tenants.org.au/
QLD – https://tenantsqld.org.au/
Tas – http://tutas.org.au/
WA – http://tenancywa.org.au
AABAT Community Resources
The AABAT state representatives may also be able to help you find additional resources that are local to your region.
Other shared resources
|Type of resource||Description||Link|
|Conference||Registration for world’s largest online|
suicide prevention conference
for mental health professionals.
LIVE 16-17 May 2020
ON-DEMAND 18 May – 7 June 2020
|Online course||Free online Leadership Professional Development Program from La Trobe University|
3 modules, each with 4-6 hrs of learning
|Online course||Free online COVID-19 Infection Control Training from the Australian Government Department of Health|
1 x 30 minute module
|Online course||Free online ‘micro-credentials’ and skill set courses from TAFE QLD||https://tafeqld.edu.au/campaign-pages/Covid-19-Response.html|
|Podcast||Young Athlete Podcast – Tips to Keep Active and Engaged||https://www.youngathletepodcast.com/|
Free mindfulness tool that has specific sessions for adults, young people, families, work etc. Great for supporting co-regulation, being present and beginning reflection. Web and app based
|Practical||Conversation in Isolation call line and facebook group. Hosted by medical students to support those isolated by COVID.||https://www.facebook.com/convoiniso/|
Call 0492 837 888
|Practical||GROW free group mental wellness programs online||https://www.grow.org.au/|
|Practical||Compeer – promoting good mental health through meaningful friendships||https://compeer.org/?fbclid=IwAR0pTRnqSc6hklH7d0YpBXKMyadJGGLm_kdSfC-Qi5PLAeF2LJ4LzvYxSig|
|Practical||Calm Together – free mindfulness and meditation resources for kids and adults||https://blog.calm.com/take-a-deep-breath?fbclid=IwAR2IWrMomwT7R94b-WQSlJrAVc3L8fQz3KQuhX46Vr1zc0NgL88VX0DL_9w|
|Professional resource||Neurosequential Network Model Covid resources|
Short video webinars
Patterns of stress determine risk and resilience (Video 1)
Understanding State-Dependent Functioning (Video 2)
Emotional Contagion (Video 3)
Sequence of engagement (Video 4)
Understanding regulation (Video 5)
Dosing and spacing (Video 6)
|Recorded webinar||Recording of a webinar hosted by Muddy Boots Adventures to generate and share ideas for Virtual Experiential Therapy.|
Activities are also outlined in text on their website.
Activity text: http://muddybootsadventures.net/
|Social media||The Kindness Pandemic facebook page|
Stories of kindness during the pandemic. Started in Australia but now global.
|Website||Resource for people wanting to support other people||https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/|
|Website||How to support others to heal from trauma||https://www.childtrauma.org/|
|Website||Emerging Minds – Resources for those working with mental health of young people||https://emergingminds.com.au/|
|Website||Pandemic toolkit for parents||https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pulling-through/202004/the-pandemic-toolkit-parents-need?eml|
|Type of resource||Description||Link|
|Model of delivery||Outdoor Journeys is an approach that enables pupils to learn about the people and place in which they live. By planning and undertaking local journeys, pupils are able to learn across the curriculum in a manner that is active, holistic and contextualised.||http://outdoorjourneys.org.uk/|
|Website||Short courses related to PE and outdoor education||https://community.connectedpe.com/|
|Website||Collaborative naturalist space||https://www.inaturalist.org/|
|Website||Australian and international scouts have moved to a model of Scouting@Home. |
Resources for activities to do at home.