Nature Contact | Small Groups | Healthy Adventures | Therapeutic Frame
Bush Adventure Therapy is a diverse field of practice combining adventure and outdoor environments with the intention to achieve therapeutic outcomes for those involved.
The Australian Association for Bush Adventure Therapy Inc. is a professional body for practitioners who have an interest in supporting, developing and promoting the field of Bush Adventure Therapy in Australia. The breadth of our work is guided by our intended actions document. We encourage interested persons to connect with the association and get involved in the many areas of work the association is engaged with.
If you have found yourself on this website, this survey is likely for you!
A survey for anyone with an interest in bush adventure therapy or nature based interventions in Australia.
AABAT Annual Forum 2019
Date/s: 08/08/2019 - 11/08/2019
Location: Bornhoffen PCYC Leadership Development Centre, 3510 Nerang Murwillumbah Rd, Natural Bridge QLD 4211
AABAT Pre-Forum Expedition
Date/s: 07/08/2019 - 08/05/2019
Location: Bornhoffen to Binna Burra and back
Bush Adventure Therapy Research Symposium – Where research and evidence meets practice and policy
Date/s: 07/08/2019 - 07/08/2019
Location: Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus
Recent Australian BAT Publications
- Regenerate evaluation: executive summary
- Healing Fears, Conquering Challenges: Narrative Outcomes From a Wilderness Therapy Program
- Outdoor Adventure Interventions - Young People and Adversity: A Literature Review
- A Formative Evaluation of the Gippsland Wilderness Program March 2018
- Operation Flinders evaluation: Detailed analysis of forensic outcomes
- Does outdoor education have a role to play in introducing and connecting students to the natural environment?
- Outdoor adventure camps for people with mental illness
- From high risk to high ropes: A comparison of substance treatment programs for at-risk adolescents
Recent Community News
Recent community news draws in posts and conversations from our Facebook and Twitter accounts. This news feed is offered for the purpose of sharing information amongst the bush adventure therapy community. AABAT give no guarantee as to the accuracy of information provided. It is provided as is and users are encouraged to assess its usefulness on a case by case basis.
Recent editions of AABAT eNews are available here: https://aabat.org.au/enews-archive/
The AABAT National Forum 2019 - Turning Over ...