At this stage organisation memberships need to be processed offline for both application & renewal – please email [email protected] to arrange. As a completely volunteer run organisation it may take us up to two weeks to reply.
AABAT is building an increasing presence in Australia and internationally as an organisation that brings knowledge and resources together for practitioners and organisations that have an interest in using outdoor places for therapeutic ends. We are a member driven organisation with no paid staff. In becoming a member, you are offering support for the current purpose, roles, intended actions, ethical principles and activities of the association. Via your membership, we invite you to contribute your expertise to the ongoing evolution of AABAT and the field of Bush Adventure Therapy. Your fees go towards our annual costs of insurance and basic administrational costs. Follow these links to view the AABAT constitution or governance rules.
Membership Fee Structure
- Membership runs for one year from the date of membership confirmation and is payable in advance.
- Individual membership fee $40.00 pa + GST
- Individual student membership fee $20.00 pa + GST (full time student only and proof of student status for the duration of membership is required)
- Organisational membership fee $120.00 pa + GST (if more than three named representatives required, additional names are at 50% of the individual member rate)
The vast majority of work undertaken by AABAT is done on a voluntary basis. The minimal annual fee structure is an important contribution towards achieving the intended actions.
Individual, student and named organisational member benefits
- Discounted rates to the AABAT annual forum, networking events, professional development and training
- Licence to use AABAT Logo to demonstrate associated status as a individual member
- Access to support, expertise and resources through your regional representative
- Access to an online practitioner networking directory
- Take a role in shaping the direction of the BAT field through voting rites to elect regional representatives and eligibility to apply to sit as a committee member
- Invitation to be involved in AABAT research, projects, working parties
- Contribute to E-news to promote events, promote training, promote job opportunities
Organisational member benefits (in addition to individual membership)
- Name up to three representatives of the organisation who can access individual member benefits
- Licence to use AABAT Logo to demonstrate associated status as a organisational member
- Organisational listing on AABAT website
- Link from AABAT website to member organisation website
- Free advertising in AABAT enews reaching practitioners in Australia and internationally